Chelsea summon Thibaut Courtois to disciplinary meeting as keeper snubs training again

CHELSEA have ordered Thibaut Courtois to attend a disciplinary meeting this week after he failed to show for training for a second day.

Courtois has opted not to report back for pre-season training after the World Cup as he attempts to force through his dream
move to Real Madrid.

He failed to show up for a planned meeting with manager Maurizio Sarri on Monday as the player and club reached a stand-off over his future at Stamford Bridge.

APPLY NOW FOR FREE!!

And the 26-year-old was again missing this morning, deciding to stay in Belgium rather than join his team-mates at the club’
Cobham training ground.

Now Chelsea have decided to open disciplinary proceedings against the stopper, who has made it clear he wants out this summer.

They have scheduled a meeting for lunchtime on Wednesday and asked Courtois to attend, as they look to punish him with a possible fine of up to a maximum two weeks wages.

The Belgian international, voted the best keeper at the World Cup, told Sarri last week that he did not want to sign the new
deal on offer from Chelsea and wanted to quit this month.

The Italian is then understood to have told the keeper that he does not want him round his squad if he has anything less
than total commitment to the club.

Real have put what they consider to be a fair bid on the table, understood to be in excess of £35million, but the Blues have
so far refused to do business.

Ritescore understands they are looking for the European champions to pay as much as £50m, even though the Courtois is out of contract next summer and will be a free agent.

Until late last week Chelsea believed they could persuaded Courtois to sign a new long-term contract with the club – but he has told them the decision is not about money but instead about his desire to live near his young children.

With Courtois remaining in Belgium instead of returning to London, that message now looks to have finally got through
the the Blues board, who have belatedly started to step up their interest in finding a replacement before the transfer
window closes on Thursday.

Stoke’s England keeper Jack Butland has emerged as a leading candidate to come in, with a deal around £25m in the
pipeline.

But Chelsea have also shown a late interest in Athletic Bilbao’s highly-rated young stopper Kepa – who at one stage
looked to be on the way to Real himself earlier in the year.

APPLY NOW!!

The 23-year-old rejected the chance to move to Madrid, preferring instead to stay in Bilbao because he wanted to ensure he was playing regularly and continuing his
development.

While Real’s offer was only to see him rival Keylor Navas for the first team spot, Chelsea would be hanging out the chance
to be first choice at Stamford Bridge which may be more attractive to the Spanish international.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s